Buying a home is never an easy task, but knowing what you’re looking for (and what you’re not looking for) can make the home-buying experience a lot less stressful.
Before you sit down to prioritize your wish list, we highly recommend looking for these 5 features in your new home. We realize some of the features might increase the cost of the home – but the potential resale
value will outweigh the initial costs, we assure you.
Here are 5 essential features to look for when purchasing a new home:
1. Ensuite Bathroom. New homes are being built so quickly with so many features that today’s homeowners have become accustom to luxurious upgrades. Parents no longer want to share their bathroom with their children and children surely don’t want to share a bathroom with their parents. Spend the extra cash and look for a home with an ensuite bathroom attached to the master bedroom. Trust us; you’ll be happy that you did.
2. Energy-Efficient Appliances. If you’re purchasing a new home – or even buying an older home – chances are you’re going to need new appliances. If you’re buying a new home from a homebuilder, make sure they offer energy efficient appliances. If they don’t, it’s worth negotiating this into the price of the home. Everyone is looking for energy efficient features in their homes. Not only will this increase the resale value of your home but it will also save you a ton of money in the meantime.
3. Hardwood Floors. Hardwood floors may add some additional costs when initially building a home but the upfront cost will outweigh alternatives, should you decide to rip out carpet and install hardwood a year or two down the road. Hardwood flooring (especially in dark tones) is extremely popular right now. Upgrading to dark hardwood floors is an essential investment for any new homeowner.
4. An “Extra” Family Room. If you’re moving into a new home with your family (or even with just one other person), an additional family room is a necessity. To save your relationship, you and your partner (and your kids) are going to need their own space. An extra family room allows an escape so that you don’t have to spend every waking moment side-by-side with the people you live with. Also, if you want to watch different things on TV, nothing is forcing you to watch the only thing that’s on in the one family room.
5. A deck. An outdoor haven is one of the best features of any home. If you’re purchasing a brand new home, chances are you might not be able to include a deck in your plan. The good news is that you’ll probably be able to add a deck right after your house is complete. Looking at the plan of your home (especially the back yard) to make sure that the layout suits an outdoor deck or patio is a great thing to consider during the home-buying process.
Contact we buy houses if you want your house sold instead of dealing with landlord drama.